All the features of Communicator
+ Analysis and verification of data
GerbTool is a robust suite of PCB CAM tooling and analysis software. From basic visual verification to powerful Design Rules Checks (DRC) and Design For Manufacture (DFM) analysis, GerbTool provides all the functions you need to ensure the production of high-quality PCBs while reducing cycle times and time-to-market.
Regardless of your role within the design process, you can use GerbTool to ensure the production of high-quality PCBs. Add flexible pricing, convenient and responsive customer support, and you have an unbeatable CAM tooling and analysis software package.
Please see the TECHNICAL sections, DOWNLOAD sections and FAQ for further information. If you still require clarification, pleas either email or click for LIVE SUPPORT.
- IBM PC-compatible with at least a 1 GHz Pentium CPU
- For best graphics display, a 17" or larger monitor with at least 1280 x 1024 resolution is recommended.
- At least 512 MB of RAM and 30 MB of hard disk space
- Gerber 274-D & 274-X
- Fire 9XXX
- Barco DPF
- DXF (AutoCAD 2000)
- HPGL & HPGL/2
- ODB++ (X)
- IPC-2581 (OffSpring)
- CAM350 v8.X (import)
- PADS ASCII (import)
- Excellon & Excellon 2
- Sieb & Meyer
- IPC-D-350 (export)
- IPC-D-356 & IPC-D-356A
- PostScript (export)
- Bitmap (export)
Q. What are the differences between the available versions ?
A. GerbTool comes in 3 "flavours". Each version has added functionality and features, however they are all based around the same platform and graphical interface, so it is easy to swap from one to another. The comparison chart in the SPECIFICATIONS tab will give you a guide to the features.
Q. What if a buy a version, and then need extra features later?
A. Dont worry, you can simply pay the difference between the 2 product levels, and upgrade with a simple key change. You will need to be on a current support contract.
Q. Why do I need a new access code every 365-days?
A. There are three types of licensing :
- Software License (single user node-locked, no hardware key)
- Hardkey License (single user node-locked, with hardware key)
- Floating License (single or multi user, with or without hardware key)
Due to the disdain of hardware keys by most users, WISE uses the Software Licenses method by default for its single-user node-locked installations. In order to afford some protection to WISE from potential improper use, we only issue a 365-day license in this environment. The license is not linked to maintenance and will be renewed perpetually. Like anything, there are pros and cons to this: the "pro" of not having a hardware key to contend with thus leads to the "con" of having to renew your license every 365-days.
For those users that do not like having to renew their licenses and/or wish to have the flexibility of moving their license to other machines, or taking the license home to work from another machine, you might want to consider using a Hardkey license. A hardware key can be provided for a nominal fee, and you will receive a permanent license for that key. You are then free to move the software around and not have to worry about your license timing out at the wrong time. The hardware keys attach to USB ports.
Q. I downloaded an evaluation copy. Can I get a temporary, full license?
A. Yes, you simply need to request a license (note that we can only provide temporary licenses for the most recent versions of VisualCAM and GerbTool).
- After performing a Nodelocked installation, start the application. It will open in Demo mode, and display a message box with an opportunity to immediately request an activation code.
- To request an acitvation code, click on the Request Activation Code button. The License Activation Request Wizard appears. Click the Next button.
- Your name, e-mail address, phone, and fax are required to receive an Activation Code. Use “Demo” for the serial number. Complete the Registration Information, and click the Next button.
- If you have any additional information that you would like to add to the license request, type it in the Notes field, and click the Next button.
- Indicate whether you want your license request sent directly to WISE Software by e-mail (preferred), printed (to send a fax), or saved as a text file that can then be included as an e-mail attachment. Our fax number is (503) 554-1220 and the e-mail is email@example.com.